The entrance walkway to Monument Circle contains spaces for about 750 4 x 8 pavers and about 550 8 x 8 pavers. For a donation of $100 for the 4 x 8 paver or $200 for the 8 x 8 paver, the paver can be engraved as directed by the donor. Bricks can be purchased in memory/honor of a veteran or for other reasons, such as general support for all veterans.
The pavers have limited space for engraving
4×8 Pavers – 3 lines, 18 characters per line
8×8 Pavers – 6 lines, 18 characters per line
The paver forms with instructions are available at these locations.
- You can download the Paver Donation Form right here.
- On Jackson County Veteran’s Memorial Park Facebook page
- City hall in front room
- In the real estate box adjacent to mail box at the VFW/American Legion post (located on Heroes Drive next to the VFW/American Legion hall and across the street from the fairgrounds).
- Next to the sidewalk at the new park
- Via e-mail at VMPJC@scottsboro.org.
The layout of the pavers on the entrance walkway is a repeating “panel”. There are 8 panels each with 11 rows and 11 columns. Panel “1” is located nearest to Monument Circle.
Individual Brick Paver Search
To assist in finding a specific engraved brick paver, a “paver index”, sorted by donor’s name is attached. The index includes a reference #, donors name, panel number, row number and column number.
Also attached is a layout of each panel showing exactly where each paver is located within each panel. Row numbers and column numbers provide quick reference to the paver index.