Funding and Donations
Funds for development of the Veterans Memorial Park of Jackson County (VMPJC) come entirely from donations. Approximately $75,000 in donations is needed to complete the park.
- Cash: donations at any level
- Construction materials: to be used in construction
- Equipment usage: Use of construction equipment
- Volunteers: Donation of time in direct support of construction.
- In kind: Donation of other expertise or supplies in support of park development
The following permanent items in the park are available for donations:
- Engraved brick pavers: Available in two sizes: 4” x 8” ($100) and 8” x 8” ($200).
- Park Benches: Available in one size: 4’ wide ($3,500 donation).
- Honor Wall: Donations can be made in any amount. With a minimum donation of $5,000, the donor name will be noted on the monument
- Armed Forces monuments (5): Donations can be made in any amount. With a minimum donation of $5,000, the donor name will be noted on the monument
- POW/MIA monument is the same design as the service monuments and will be located along with the service monuments. Donation information is the same as the service monuments.
- Park Entrance Plaque and Granite Base: with a minimum donation of $3,000, the donor’s name will be noted on the monument.
- Donor Display: with a minimum donation of $4,000, the donor’s name will be noted on the monument.
- Cobra Restoration: with a minimum donation of $1,000, the donor’s name will be placed on an engraved plate at the Cobra Display.
Donations in cash, materials, equipment and in-kind services qualify for one of the following levels.
- Titanium: $20,000+
- Diamond: $10,000+
- Platinum: $5,000+
- Gold: $2,000+
- Silver: $1,000+
- Bronze: $500+
Donors for each level will have their names on a Donors Panel displayed at the entrance to the park.
All donations are tax deductible. Checks can be made payable to:
“Veterans Memorial Park of Jackson County”
and mailed to:
Veterans Memorial Park of Jackson County, 1616 Heroes Dr. Scottsboro, AL 35768